Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bittersweet Love #wildesmeadow #sixsunda

Welcome back, guys!

Last week me and the family were off at the ball park, National's Park to be exact. We had a fantastic time. Today we're rooting on my sister-in-law as she runs a marathon here in DC!

Least someone is doing good for themselves.

This week's six comes from the soon-to-be-released Wilde's Meadow. Kate and Arland are back in their room, a little bothered by the gift Mom gave them, and tomorrow is the day they leave for battle.

This is kind of a bittersweet moment.

Enjoy!

~"Are you afraid?" He asks the question as though he already knows the answer.

"Yes." I think that's why I didn't want to dance, didn't want anyone to see us, and didn't want to celebrate, because this war has only just begun. Everything I hold dear, everything I love more passionately than I imagined possible could be lost.

"If we die, we die fighting."~

So sad.

To read other Six Sunday greatness, please visit the official site. *DISCLAIMER: Not all sites are appropriate for children under 18!*

4 comments:

  1. I have a theory, that I am keeping to myself, and I'm hoping that I am right. I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this. So poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your next novel:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is so compelling - another bittersweet but achingly real excerpt - terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...