Friday, March 2, 2012

You've Been Hijacked

Hello? Krystal? It's me, Dawna. You there?

Oh, hi. Um, Krystal seems to be gone. Last time I saw her, she was stumbling about crazed, mumbling incoherently about edits, stupid commas rules, and style guides. Personally, I think it's a rouse. Pretty sure I saw her disappear with a six pack of Zima and a dozen chocolate covered donuts, looking for a place to watch a marathon of Jersey Shore on MTV!

Any whoo, Wilde's Fire is coming out later this month. So excited! Just a secret between you and me, I've read it, and it's excellent. Can't wait for the rest of you to read it as well—I know you'll love it.

So, I bet you're all wondering who is this crazy woman on Krystal's blog? My name is Dawna Raver, and I'm one of Krystal's critique partners. I've been carefully stalking her blog, waiting for an opportunity to hijack it. Bwah-hah-hah, (she says, rubbing her hands together) my evil plan has finally come to fruition. I knew the Zima and donuts would do it. Don't bother refreshing the page, I'm staying until Krystal's edits are done, or the Jersey Shore marathon ends.

What to talk about? Well, I could tell you about my own writing plans and how my soon-to-be-finished book, Colour Wielders—a New Adult, contemporary fantasy inspired by Celtic and Authurian mythology—will be released later this year. And how it's about old world, magickal ideals colliding with the modern, nonmagickal world and the young woman, Quinn, who's stuck in between. Or how it's chalk full of romance, Faeries, Druids, and Gods, fighting the good fight between Light and Dark. Or I could tell you about how my own blog, Raver's Rants and Raves will be debuting next month. But I suspect what you really want to know is more dirt on Krystal, besides her aforementioned love of trash t.v. and cheap, malt beverages.

Unfortunately, I have none. Wait, there was that trip to Vegas and an unfortunate event with a clown, a female Elvis impersonator, and an iguana. But hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Right?

What I will tell you about Krystal is that she is a great friend—one of my best, and an excellent writing partner. I couldn't be more proud of all this devoted wife and working mom of three has accomplished. Everyday she inspires me with her tireless energy. If she could bottle it, she'd make a million.

So, to Krystal, I say thanks and congrats on the upcoming release of Wilde's Fire. And hey, if you want, stop by my Facebook page, facebook.com/DawnaRaver, or my Twitter account @DawnaRaver and say hi.

Better go. I think I heard her coming back.

19 comments:

  1. Wow nice to meet you Dawna!! I also love Krystal, she's truly terrific!! I cannot wait for Wilde's Fire release. Whooooooooooooooop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, JKP. It's an exciting time for Krystal and I'm happy to be a small part of it.

      Delete
    2. Coming soon, girly! Very soon!

      Delete
  2. LOL! Great post, Dawna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Krystal is not only talented, but she's a very lucky gal to have such a terrific friend/critique partner. :) And congratulations on the release of Wilde's Fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the lucky one, Teresa. :)

      Delete
    2. Aww. Thank you! I am a lucky girl! Don't listen to Dawna.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3/02/2012

    Cute!

    ~@Debbi_Weiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post Dawna. A 'New Adult' book sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. I think New Adult is a great addition. You can go deeper into issues that you can will ya. I'm looking forward to having it done.

      Delete
    2. Her book is really cool (and she doesn't even realize it!).

      Delete
  6. Hello, Dawna. I've already followed you on Twitter. I knew I recognized that name! Funny post. It was mean of you, however, to trick Krystal with those goodies! For me it would have been Beringer White Zin, Cheese Nips and Big Bang Theory episodes... "Shouldn't have told you that."
    ;)

    -Jimmy
    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, Jimmy. I'll remember that for the future.

      Delete
    2. You know I don't drink Zima or watch Jersey Shore?! Right? :-)

      Delete
  7. Zima?!?!? I haven't had that since 1994! Do they still make it?? Hey, it was good stuff. My buddies used to give me grief, but I'd proudly tell them that ONE bottle of Zima had the alcohol equivalent of TWO beers. That usually shut their trap. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...