Sunday, September 4, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Well, it's that time again. For those of you who enjoyed last week's six, you may find this intriguing as well. It doesn't pick up from the exact place I left off, but in the same chapter. My trio's little world just turned upside down and they are in for an even ruder awakening.

~ I take slow breaths, in and out, force the visions to the back of my brain and open my eyes into this strange, dark place. Brad helps me to my feet and holds onto my hand, steadying me. There is no moon, there are no stars above our heads, no street lights, nothing but darkness. Our flashlights—providing the only light that can be seen—lie on the ground, shining on something approaching. What I see doesn’t make any sense; the beings before us must be remnants of the visions I’ve experienced. But I see the panic on Brad and Brit’s faces and know the beings are real. ~

To see other authors who participate in Six Sentence Sunday, click here.

17 comments:

  1. Scary six, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job of creating a frightening, almost claustrophobic atmosphere with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tension. I can really feel their fear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six sentences only??!! You're such a tease. Me want more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intriguing. I love the "visual" of strange beings approaching in the scant lights of the flashlights. Great Six!

    Amy Durham

    ReplyDelete
  6. So eerie. Great description.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. And in only 6 sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9/04/2011

    Nice bit of calm before the storm. Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely build up of tension and atmosphere - six of the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't comment. Too scared and my head is under my blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feels very real. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9/04/2011

    A nice six, Krystal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creepy. Good six!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...if the flashlights are on the ground, they wouldn't illuminate very far up, so how much of the beings can they actually see?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooohhh what is approaching her? Wanna know now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey everyone! Just got back from vacation and saw all of your lovely comments. Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll tune in next week for more Six.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...