Sunday, January 20, 2013

You Can Run, But Not Hide #sixsunday

It's Sunday already? Wow. This week flew by. For those who read my post about Arizona, I really appreciate your e-mails, comments, and such. My poor puppy has a liver infection and is on meds, but he's doing much better.

Since I made a mid-week post about Shattered Secrets, I'm going to pick up this week's Six Sunday from there . . . or shortly after.

Click here to read that teaser!

Now that she's out of the car and her kidnapper is urging her toward his shack in the woods, Abigail is ready to put up a fight. Wouldn't you be?

Enjoy!

~Going in wasn't an option. I couldn't. He was deranged. He claimed I had a true family and that he'd been looking for me for a long time. I shook my head, took one more look at the house, then turned and ran for the cornfield.
"You won't make it far, and I don't plan to hurt you," he shouted.~

Hmm. What do you think "Boredas" meant by that? I would certainly run my ass off, and probably not make it far because I'm old and slow, but I'd try to get away!

As always, I love your comments and thank you for stopping in. Make sure to visit other Six Sundayers!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wilde's Fire            -           Wilde's Army              -            Wilde's Meadow

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/20/2013

    I'd run too... but it sounds like her captor is really trying to educate her rather than cause injury. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely run, and hope my curiosity at his words didn't get the best of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about curiosity! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I see no reason why she should believe him... perhaps you do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd run. Intriguing six. I want to know what he meant by his last words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what's in that cornfield.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would run too, even with my gimpy right leg with metal in the bones. I hope the cornfield is a safe haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like her spirit. I'd definitely run! But it'll be interesting to see what you have in store for her (and us) next. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeep! That doesn't sound good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1/20/2013

    Hmm, I remember something about wolves before, so I'm sensing a paranormal twist! I bet she is a fast runner:-) So glad you're own dog is doing better~hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1/20/2013

    Oh, sorry about Arizona. I missed that post. I'm glad the pup is feeling better. Run, don't run. Goodness. I'd run! But it's a hard call, knowing writers like to mess with our heads. LOL. And just the mention of corn field brings up bad images. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...