Thursday, December 22, 2011

Time's Running Out

“Mommy, is tomorrow Christmas Eve?” Kid #2 asked, batting her lashes over her big, brown eyes.

Kid #1 ran into the kitchen and slid across the floor like Tom Cruise in Risky Business--but with his pants on. “Tomorrow is Christmas Eve Eve.”

“Huh?” She tilted her head to the side and scowled at Kid #1 like he was out of his mind.

I laughed and made another cup of coffee. The countdown had begun, and I needed more caffeine if I planned to survive.

***

Two days until Christmas and I have yet to buy groceries, vacuum, wrap, sign cards, or . . . gosh I’m sure there’s something else I’m forgetting. Oh well, it’ll come to me.

So many times today while I pulled out my hair organized and prepared for the festivities, I paused and asked myself if I should just tell everyone I'm sick why we stress over something so simple, so wonderful, as getting ready for a family visit.

Will they care if dust bunnies roll across the floor when they enter our home? Will they mind if there’s a fine layer of white dust covering all my furniture? They probably don’t mind, but I’m not going to give them the opportunity to notice any of those things.

UGH.

I’m such a clean freak.

Tape! That's what I forgot. Tape. Well, I have to run out in the pouring rain now.

Make sure you take time to relax during this crazy holiday season, and make sure you enjoy the time with your family. That's all that matters. Smiling and laughing with the people you love.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve. :-)

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are surviving. One of my dogs did something VERY naughty today to my Christmas tree and presents. I host a family Christmas at my house tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I Have so much wraPping of presents and stil so ,uch to buy yet......but it's all fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Take your own advice, Missus. Stop cleaning! As a (female) mate of mine says, "Only dull women have immaculate houses!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Dehaba12/22/2011

    Don't mind dust bunnies; looking forward to being with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL you are too cute! Love reading your posts ;) Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Brinda, that's bad. VERY bad. Our dog did that last year. Santa decided not to visit him. ;-)

    Michele, you better hurry! You're running out of time!

    Now Derek, you know I'm not dull. I am an A-type though. Clean is in my genes.

    I know you don't mind, Aunt Barbara, but I'm cleaning anyway!

    Thanks, Connie! Hopefully you have big plans for the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relax, breathe, drink coffee (maybe throw something a little stronger in there). You will survive. Hehe! I can totally relate to your pain, though, just try to stress less and enjoy more. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. Something a little stronger. I told my husband to buy just that while out shopping and he forgot. I could go for a margarita! MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You shd relax, enjoy and celebrate with several margaritas. LOL I feel you dear. Giving you strength! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha. I'm good now. :-) We'll see if I survive tomorrow. Have a dentist appointment or two to go to. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a clean freak too - nothing you can do about it, only give in. I've 19 for dinner today, so i do have food in and I have tape! Yippee:) Enjoy the hols Krystal, and you're right, its all about family getting together and appreciating how much we all love each other. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should see the state of our house, with leftovers from new carpets, kitchen work and other home improvements waiting to be thrown in a skip.

    Just enjoy the holidays. Everyone's home gets crazy at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My motto is this: A messy home is a happy home. Give your's a clean sweep with your brown eyes and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12/23/2011

    Christmas stockings kept us out of trouble, until the formal gift giving began. Too bad my folks got the bright idea to stuff the tops with cellophane. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Krystal, really - no one else will notice the dust bunnies unless they come to life! We had to lock our 2 kitties out of half of the house where all the decorations are as they are terrors...hence why the tree was bolted to the wall last year! R-E-l-A-X and make another cup of coffee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss the days when my kids were younger and as anxious about Christmas. Well, sorta....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the advice to take it easy and enjoy family. You are so right! I'm on vacation now for two weeks, and all that I want to do is sit here and catch up with the networking...
    Hi, my name is James, and I have a problem...
    ;)
    Happy Holidays, Krystal. To you and yours.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12/25/2011

    Merry Christmas Krystal! Ha ha ha, I like what Derek said, but I’m with you, I’m also a A-type personality so I can’t stop myself. Drives my husband bonkers. We had our celebration today this year since we are leaving. I am pulling my hair out now since I’m still not packed! Have a happy new year too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...