I’ve received a few blog awards lately and have been so busy I haven’t acknowledged them yet. I do appreciate everyone thinking of me when they receive these, and hope you'll forgive me for being so late with a response.
I received the Liebster Award from Derek Flynn and Diana Murdock. They are both wonderful bloggers and writers. (Derek’s also a musician . . . a good one, too!)
2. Reveal your top 5 picks [blogs with fewer than 200 followers] and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all – have bloggity-blog fun!
6. Don't feel obligated to re-post the awards.
Here are my picks:
1. Sarah Ballance - She's an excellent romantic suspense writer and also a friend. Her publisher loves her right now as she's pushing out lots of titillating (yes, I used that on purpose) novels.
2. 120Socks - This woman is a downright awesome blogger. She writes novels, poetry, blogs, and she's an amazing tweep. Follow her and she'll knock your socks off. (Bad puns all around.)
3. Amberr Meadows - She travels, she writes about travels and she makes us all wish we were there.
4. Johanna K. Pitcairn - There's an element of pain in all her posts, and she uses it to her benefit. Sometimes she scares me, sometimes she makes me laugh, but mostly I enjoy watching her journey to make amends with life.
5. Michelle Moloney - She's a teacher. A good one. Her blogs are thoughtful and insightful, and she's always there to help us grow.
The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award
Ashley Nixon and I recently met via Twitter, and she wowed me with a conversation between she and one of her characters. I loved it. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to love her book too. She awarded me with the aforementioned umm . . . award and I am honored.
I'm supposed to supply you with seven things you don't know about me. I can think of seven million things you don't know about me, but compacting it all down to seven?? This is difficult . . . .
1. I played the french horn.
I may not be able to hold a note with my voice, but in middle school I learned to make music with the french horn. There are many days I miss this beautiful brass, but there isn't any time in my life to pick it up again.
2. My favorite color is purple.
My husband often jokes the best way to get me to buy something is to paint it purple. If he wants a jetski or motorcylce, he tries to find matching ones in purple . . . for me of course. I've caught on to his game, and it only works on occasion now.
3. I like things in 3's (appropriate for number 3)
I have three children, three dogs, three cats and I live on three acres.
4. My dream car is a '72 Super Beetle
Yes, that's right. If I could have any car in the world, it would an old VW PURPLE Bug. My hubby and I have been on the look-out for my baby, but have yet to find the right buy.
5. If I hit the book writing lottery (that is, if I become famous), I won't be able to stop working
Why? Well for one, my hubby and son's dream cars are expensive and for two, most of my creativity hits me on my fifty-mile commute to work.
6. I can never decide where my "fantasy rich home" would be.
I love the mountains, I love the ocean, I love the forests, I love NATURE. So when people ask me where I'd live if I were rich . . . I usually don't have an answer.
7. I wanted to become a wedding planner
Yeah, that's right. Laugh all you want, but that's what I wanted to be. I love weddings and I love planning things. I discovered my love for this profession when I was nailing down the details for my own wedding to my wonderful husband. Unfortunately, it's not a business you can easily jump into. I put my creativity to use in other ways, and I think I've finally found my niche . . . writing.
Now, enough about me. Here are my blog picks:
1. Kellianne Sweene - Always fun, always positive.
2. Al Boudreau - Cause he's father twitter for writers and one of my besties!
3. Kelly S. Gamble - She's supportive and fun.
Before I go, I'd like to thank Amberr Meadows and David Beem for assigning awards for my blog as well. Without all the wonderful bloggers, tweeps, and fellow supporters, writing wouldn't be as much fun.